The International Code Council (ICC) was established in 1994 as a non-profit organization dedicated to developing a single set of comprehensive and coordinated construction codes aimed at protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the public at large by creating safe buildings and communities. ICC Special Inspection involves the inspection of select construction practices by certified ICC Special Inspectors to help ensure adherence to local, national, and/or international building codes and standards. ICC Special Inspectors are required to demonstrate the ability to apply technical specification and code compliance through the completion of the ICC examination and certification process. ICC certification examinations are maintained to the highest standards and include continuous review by committees of experienced professionals. Most building departments, state agencies, and third-party entities recognize ICC certification as the single most significant codes and standards credentials that building professionals can attain.
Our ICC Special Inspectors maintain current certifications in all of their respective inspection disciplines, and maintain the highest level of integrity, honesty, and fairness required by the ICC Code of Ethics (see below). Our ICC Special Inspectors are recognized by both local contractors and code enforcement officials as being consummate professionals and are setting the bar for ICC Special Inspection in Alaska.
ICC Code of Ethics
The protection of the health, safety and welfare of the public, by creating safe buildings and communities, is the solemn responsibility of the International Code Council (“ICC”) and all who participate in ICC activities. Recognizing this, the ICC advocates commitment to a standard of professional behavior that exemplifies the highest ideals and principles of ethical conduct. The governing concepts embodied in this philosophy are characterized herein, for the benefit and guidance of those so engaged, and for the enlightenment of the public so served.
Each individual participating in an ICC activity shall:
- Support the mission of the ICC to provide the highest quality codes, standards, products and services for all concerned with the safety and performance of the built environment.
- At all times, act in an ethical manner, comply with the ethical rules and regulations related to his or her profession, and avoid conflicts of interest.
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty, and fairness while participating in ICC activities.
- For ICC certified individuals, maintain professional competence in all areas of employment responsibility and encourage the same for colleagues and associates.
- Act in accordance with the Bylaws and Policies of the International Code Council, including this Code of Ethics.
The ICC Board of Directors may take any actions it deems necessary in order to enforce this Code of Ethics and to preserve the integrity of the International Code Council.